It’s a world-first social betting exchange allowing customers to bet against each other via a handshake bet. No odds, no complicated betting terms, no fat-cat bookmakers, just bets between buddies.
To create a bet:
- Click the + sign on the bottom bar
- Select your opponent(s) – you can select a single opponent, multiple opponents or ‘Open’, for anyone on Buddybet to accept
- Choose an event – you can select from an upcoming event or browse the complete selection of events we offer.
- Write your bet – type in your bet text, make sure it meets our criteria: User Guidelines
- Select visibility – Public bets are visible to everyone on Buddybet, My Network bets are visible to everyone you and your opponent are connected to, My Buddies bets are only visible to you and your opponent
- Place bet – Good luck!
When it comes to your bets, the more creative the better, just bear in mind bets must not be in poor taste.
General: To bet on whatever you want! A game of golf between you and your buddy, what song will play next on the radio or who is getting promoted at work.
Sport: We cover almost every sport known to man. If you can’t find the league or sport you’re looking for, from major to minor leagues across the globe, let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll try our best to accommodate the league for you.
Entertainment: Bet on everything from Reality TV to the latest movie releases. If you love Hollywood, Bollywood or even Lollywood, then this is the category for you!
Novelty: Like to know which celebrity is dating who, what colour hat the Queen will wear at the next Royal Wedding, or even if it’s going to rain next Monday in your town? Browse our range of novelty options to find what tickles your fancy.
There are two types of bets you can accept:
Bets for you – bets you have been invited to will appear under the ‘New’ tab in your My Bets section. To accept the bet, simply click on the ‘Accept’ button and confirm you accept the challenge.
Open bets – open bets appear on your home screen under the ‘Open Bets’ tab as well as in the ‘Discover’ section under specific categories and competitions. These are bets for anyone on Buddybet to accept. Simply click on ‘Accept Challenge’ and confirm you accept the challenge.
Buddybet encourages users to settle their own bets. Bets can be resulted after an event has started or, in some instances, like Season and Novelty Bets, after the bet has been accepted. To result a bet:
- In the ‘My Bets’ section under the ‘Active’ tab, bets can be result by clicking on the ‘Declare Winner’ button
- When you ‘Declare Winner’ you are given the option to choose which participant has won
- If you choose your opponent as the winner, the bet will automatically result in their favour
- If you declare yourself the winner, your opponent needs to confirm you as the winner:
- If your opponent disagrees, they can send the bet to Buddybet Admin to resolve
- If your opponent doesn’t respond, you can send them a ‘Nudge’ to result the bet, and if no response is received, you can send the bet to Buddybet Admin to resolve. Bets must be verifiable for Buddybet Admin to settle
The bet was not taken/accepted by an opponent before the event started
- Sync contacts: choose either at sign-up, the home screen, or on creating your first bet. Anytime you sync contacts you are able to follow or invite friends based on your current contact list
- Search: Using the ‘Discover’ tab find buddies already using Buddybet
- People you may know: This section appears on home and discover, via specific algorithms it identifies potential buddies
There are two ways to view your bets:
My Bets: accessed via the button at top right displaying your balance.
In the ‘My Bets’ section, your bets are divided into multiple tabs:
- New: bets you have been invited to accept
- Active: bets you have accepted, plus those you have created and are accepted by an opponent
- Pending: bets not yet accepted by your opponent; and bets you are involved in that are awaiting a result
- Resulted: bets that have been settled
- Other: cancelled or rejected bets
You can also view your resulted bets via your Profile.
Buddybet aims to bring you a comprehensive range of options to bet on, including Sports, Entertainment and Novelty. You can browse our offerings in the Discover section, we are also keen on providing new categories and events to bet on, if you do not find what you are looking for, reach out to us at email@example.com
Go to the ‘My Bets’ section and click through on the bet card. At the top right of the screen you will find a button to pin this bet to your profile. So if you feel the need to boast about particular wins, or to highlight an ‘Open’ bet you can Pin up to five bet cards for everyone to see on your profile:
- ‘Open’ bets, that you have created, and which anyone on Buddybet can accept
- Bets you are involved in, once they are accepted
- Bets you are involved in, and have been resulted/settled
- Any bet under the ‘New’ or ‘Others’ tab in ‘My Bets’ cannot be pinned to your profile
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Buddybet is a friendly, social wagering platform and we take any breach of our policies seriously. In circumstances where you feel a bet is not in accordance with our guidelines, we encourage users to report the bet.
To report a bet, please access the Bet Details page by clicking on the bet card. You may report the bet by clicking on the exclamation mark at the top right of the page. To submit your report, please select a reason for reporting the bet and provide details in the comments box below.
If you feel a profile or the actions of a user are not in accordance with our guidelines, we encourage users to report the profile.
To report a profile, visit that profile, click on the menu option (three dots) on the right of the screen and select ‘Report User’. To submit your report, please select a reason for reporting the profile and provide details in the comments box below.
Open’ and ‘Taken’ bets can be quickly copied to use in your network. To copy a bet, click on the copy button below the bet card. This takes you straight to the Create Bet screen with event and bet text pre-selected and pre-filled.