- may collect about, why we collect it, and how we hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information;
- how we may disclose that information;
- how you can update, manage, export and delete your information.
By using our platforms, you are trusting us with your information. We acknowledge that this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
How to contact us about privacy?
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, if you have any questions about your privacy, you can ask us by reaching out to our Privacy Officer in the following ways:
- By mail – 1 Williamsons Road Doncaster Vic, 3138l
- By Phone – 1800 BUDDYBET
- By Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact us and we will investigate it. Complaints to us, must be made in writing. If you do not receive a response within 30 days or your concern is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
You should be aware, that before you can lodge a complaint with the OAIC, you will usually need to complain directly to us. Details on how to lodge a complaint with the OAIC, you can contact them on 1300 363 992 or head over to the OAIC’s website.
What are the types of information we collect when you use our services?
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services. We collect information to provide better services to all our users. Initially when you open an account with us, we will collect personal information about you
The types of personal information we may collect from you includes but is not limited to:
- your name;
- Date of birth
- Postal and Street Addresses
- Email Address
- Credit card and other financial information
- Driver’s licence information or other identification information for the purposes of verifying your age and identity in accordance with our legal obligations
- Telephone number
You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information and you may be able to visit some areas of our platforms with us, anonymously or by pseudonym. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the full services on our platforms. For example, we will be unable to assist you in setting up an account to provide you our services.
We also collect the content you post or publish on our platforms or receive from others when using our services.
We collect information about the browsers and devises you use to access our services, which helps us provide features like automatic product updates. The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number.
We collect information about your activity on our platforms, which we may use to do things like recommend a particular area of interest you might like. The activity information we collect may include:
- Terms you search for;
- Views and interactions with content and ads;
- Voice and audio information when you use audio features on our app;
- Wagering activity;
- People with whom you communicate or share content;
So that we can adhere to our legal obligations, we will collect information about your location when you use our platforms. Your location can be determined with varying degrees of accuracy by:
- IP address;
- Sensor data from your device; or
- Information about things near your device, such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and Bluetooth enabled devices.
How we hold information and who has access to it?
We have processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information. There are limitations on access to information within Buddybet.
Only certain Buddybet employees, being those required to have access to personal information so that we can carry out our services will have access to information held by us. Authorised employees will require a password to access any database where the information is held.
Use and Disclosure of information
We collect, process and use information we collect from you via our services for the purposes of (without limitation):
- Provide our services and products (including the provision of betting services and the withdrawal of funds from your Buddybet account) and otherwise conduct our business such as ;
- Develop new services – we use the information on our platforms to help us develop new services. For example customising the content/layout of our Sites for users and personalising our services for individual customers;
- Communicating with you – we use information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example providing you with marketing content and other information about our products, platforms, offers or competitions, or the products or services of our partners that we believe may be of interest to you, unless you have indicated that you do not wish to receive these materials.
- Protect us, our users and the public – we use information to help improve the safety and reliability of our services. This includes detecting, preventing and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks and technical issues that could harm us, our users or the public.
- Measure performance – maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource, for example, to conduct analysis on our Site’s usage or monitor website usage and traffic.
- Legal and Regulatory Obligations – in the conducting of our business, there may be times that we are bound by law, regulations, or contractual arrangements that we have to verify your age and identity or provide your personal information to a government body or other regulatory bodies such as sports controlling bodies.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We will only disclose your personal information in accordance with the methods of use outlined above.
How you can manage your information
If you do not wish to receive any marketing communications or information from us, you may opt out of receiving this information about our products and services by de-selecting this option when managing notification preferences under Settings when you sign up on our mobile app. You may also click the “Unsubscribe” link in any marketing email that we may send to you.
Furthermore, we provide you with the ability on our platforms to manage what information we use or that is available to other users via your profile.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the internet browser (for example, your IP address and browser type).
- Session Management – cookies are essential to enable use of this website or app, they manage session information and enable you to navigate through the website or app.
- Fraud Prevention – cookies store information which helps us stop fraudulent use of the website or app.
- Functionality – cookies store information which enables us to remember your preferences. They are also used to improve your experience.
- Tracking – cookies enable us to store information about how users landed on the website or app.
- Analysis – cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of users and to see how users move around our website or app when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Website or app works for you, by ensuring that you can find what you are looking for easily and to deliver adverts and information which are more relevant to you and your interests and to monitor the effectiveness of such adverts and information.