Last Updated: 24 November 2021
- may collect about you, and how we collect and hold your information;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your information;
- how we may disclose your information; and
- how you can update, manage, export and delete your information.
By using our platform, you are trusting us with your information. We acknowledge that this is a big responsibility and we work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
How to contact us about privacy?
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, if you have any questions about your privacy, you can ask us by reaching out to our Privacy Officer in the following ways:
- By Mail – Level 15, 276 Flinders Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- By Phone – 1800 577 291
- By Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact us and we will investigate it. Complaints to us must be made in writing. If you do not receive a response within 30 days or if your concern is not resolved to your satisfaction, you can refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
You should be aware that before you can lodge a complaint with the OAIC, you will usually need to raise your concerns directly with us first. For details on how to lodge a complaint with the OAIC, you can contact them on 1300 363 992 or head over to the OAIC’s website.
What are the types of personal information we collect when you use our services?
We want you to understand the types of personal information we collect as you use our services. We collect this information to provide better services to all our users.
Initially when you open an account with us, the types of personal information we may collect from you include:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Postal and street addresses
- Email address
- Credit card and other financial information
- Driver’s licence information or other identification information to verify your age and identity in accordance with our legal obligations
- Telephone number
- If you request to sync contacts, information that identifies which phone contacts hold Buddybet accounts, allowing you to follow them.
You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information and you may be able to visit some areas of our platform. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we will be unable to assist you in setting up an account to provide you with our services.
Apart from the information we collect when you initially open an account, we also collect the following types of personal information about you:
- The content you post or publish on our platforms or receive from others when using our services
- Information about the browsers and devices you use to access our services, which helps us provide features like automatic product updates. The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number
- Information about your activity on our platforms, which we may use to do things like recommend a particular area of interest you might like. The activity information we collect may include:
- Terms you search for;
- Views and interactions with content and ads;
- Voice and audio information when you use audio features on our app;
- Wagering activity;
- People with whom you communicate or share content.
So that we can adhere to our legal obligations, we will collect information about your location when you use our platforms. Your location can be determined with varying degrees of accuracy by:
- IP address;
- Sensor data from your device; or
- Information about things near your device, such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and Bluetooth enabled devices.
How we hold information and who has access to it?
We hold your personal information in various electronic databases. We have processes in place to ensure the security of this information. For example, we enforce limitations on access to information within Buddybet with only certain Buddybet employees having access to your information where necessary to perform their job function. Authorised employees will require a password to access any database where the information is held.
Use and Disclosure of information
We collect, process and use information we collect from you via our services in order to:
- Provide our services and products – including our betting and social media services,enabling you to connect with our users on our platform, and deposit and withdrawal from your Buddybet account.
- Develop new services – we use the information we hold to help us improve our existing services and to develop new services. For example, we use this information for customising the content/layout of our Sites for users and personalising our services for individual customers.
- Communicate with you – we use contact information, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we may send you marketing communications and other information about our products, platforms, offers or competitions, or the products or services of our partners that we believe may be of interest to you, unless you have indicated that you do not wish to receive these materials.
- Protect us, our users and the public – we use your information to help improve the safety and reliability of our services. This includes detecting, preventing and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks and technical issues that could harm us, our users or the public
- Measure performance – we use your information to keep track of how our business is performing, including, for example, to conduct analysis on our Site’s usage or monitor website usage and traffic
- Manage our business – we use the information we have to run our business and may disclose it to our professional advisers (including lawyers and accountants) as well as to potential investors, acquirers or financiers
- Legal and other obligations – there may be times that we are obliged by law or by our contractual commitments to use or disclose certain information about you, such as where we are obliged to verify your age or to respond to disclosure requests from a government body or sports controlling bodies
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third party service providers, who help us to operate our business for example by providing payment processing services, customised advertising, security, services advice, or social media integrations. This includes third parties located in Australia, Singapore and India. We only do this for the purposes outlined above.
How you can manage your information
If you do not wish to receive any marketing communications from us, you may opt out of receiving those communications by updating your Settings when you log in to our app. You may also opt out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any marketing email that we may send to you.
Our platform includes controls that enable you to manage what information is associated with your account profile and that is visible to other users.
In addition, our platform allows you to view and correct your personal information on your account. Alternatively, you can contact us about accessing or correcting your information. We will either comply with your request or will provide an explanation of why we cannot do so.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser (for example, your IP address and browser type).
- Session Management –cookies are essential to enable use of the website or app, they manage session information and enable you to navigate through the website or app.
- Fraud Prevention – cookies store information which helps us stop fraudulent use of the website or app.
- Functionality – cookies store information which enables us to remember your preferences. They are also used to improve your experience.
- Tracking – cookies enable us to store information about how users landed on the website or app.
- Analysis – cookies allow us to recognise and count users of our products and to see how users move around our websites and apps. This helps us to improve the way our products work for you, by ensuring that you can find what you are looking for easily and to deliver adverts and information which are more relevant to you and your interests and to monitor the effectiveness of such adverts and information.