Responsible Gambling Statement
For most people, having a wager is an enjoyable leisure and entertainment activity. However, gambling can have negative impacts for some people. Therefore, we have developed this statement to communicate our approach to responsible gambling and minimising harm to consumers who may be vulnerable to problem gambling. Our operations are governed by this policy, and various regulatory and legislative instruments within Australia.
What is Responsible Gambling?
“Responsible Gambling” is a broad concept. Its intention is to ensure that having a wager is conducted in a manner whereby the potential for harm associated with problem gambling Is minimised. It respects the responsibility of individuals for their own actions, but also acknowledges a responsibly on the part of service providers, such as us.
What is Problem Gambling?
Problem gambling occurs where a person loses control over their gambling, in particular the amount of money gambled and the amount of time they devote to gambling.
Customer Care Principles
At Buddybet, we want to be an industry leader in providing a safe environment for our users. We actively encourage and promote responsible gambling practices and provide tools to assist our users in maintaining control of their environment.
Our Position on Responsible Gambling
We are committed to sharing responsibility with Governments, communities and individuals for helping users control their gambling and helping problem gamblers to identify their problem and seek assistance. Some of the ways that we do this are:
- Allowing our users to tailor their pre-commitment settings by imposing deposit or bet limits on their activity.
- Allowing our users to self-exclude (either temporarily or permanently) from utilising our services.
- Providing Responsible Gambling information and messages to our users.
- Training our staff about Responsible Gambling at induction and at least annually thereafter.
- Referring our users affected by problem gambling, to gambling-related support services.
We aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- Minimising the extent of gambling related harm to individuals and the broader community.
- Enabling users to make informed decisions about their gambling practices.
- Enabling people adversely affected by gambling to have access to timely and appropriate assistance and information.
- Promoting a shared understanding between individuals, communities, the gambling industry and Governments of responsible gambling practices.
- Ensuring the gambling industry provides safe and supportive environments for the delivery of gambling products and services.
As a responsible operator, we are committed to protecting minors by actively taking steps to exclude minors from accessing our platform. Our services are designed to appeal to and be used by persons who are at least 18 years old.
Filtering options can be enabled to help prevent persons from entering online sports betting software and websites. If minors have access to the devise that you use to access our platforms, we encourage you to use filtering software to prevent access to our betting platforms b minors. The comprehensive list of filtering options available for download can be accessed through these sites:
Where to Get Help?
You can call the Gamblers Helpline on 1800 858 858 or visit:
We provide pre-commitment limit facilities for our users. This allows you to set a maximum deposit limit or a bet limit for a pre-determined period. We allow our users to set deposit limits for 1, 7 or 28 days.
Users can set or change limits on our platforms by accessing to Pre-Commitment Settings.
Reducing or implementing a deposit limit is effective immediately.
If you feel you are no longer able to control your gambling or gamble safely, we offer you the option to self-exclude from using our platforms.
To self-exclude mean to stop using our platforms for a set time. Self-exclusion can be temporary or permanent.
If you would like to self-exclude from multiple wagering operators, the Northern Territory Racing Commission manages a multi-operator self-exclusion scheme for all wagering operators licensed in the Northern Territory. Click here for more information about the scheme or to download the Northern Territory’s self-exclusion form. You can return this form to our Customer Support Staff by email, or directly to the Northern Territory via the contact details listed in the link provided.
You can self-exclude with us directly by:
- completing the Northern Territory Racing Commission Self-Exclusion Form in the link provided; or
- by contacting us via phone or email; or
- utilising our platforms and within your account by accessing Pre-Commitment Settings.
BetStop – the National Self-Exclusion RegisterTM is a free service provided by the Australian Government that allows people to self-exclude from all licensed Australian online and phone wagering providers in a single process.
Registering is quick and easy and can be done at https://www.betstop.gov.au.
While you are registered, Australian licensed online and phone wagering providers must not:
- open a wagering account for you.
- allow you to place bets, or
- send you marketing material.
This statement will be reviewed from time to time and any updates will be communicated to all users.