Responsible Gambling Statement
For most people, having a social bet is an enjoyable leisure and entertainment activity. However, even free-to-play gambling can have negative impacts for some people. Therefore, we have developed this statement to communicate our approach to responsible gambling and minimising harm to consumers who may be vulnerable to problem gambling.
What is Responsible Gambling?
“Responsible Gambling” is a broad concept. Its intention is to ensure that having a wager is conducted in a manner whereby the potential for harm associated with problem gambling is minimised. It respects the responsibility of individuals for their own actions, but also acknowledges a responsibility on the part of service providers, such as us.
What is Problem Gambling?
Problem gambling occurs where a person loses control over their gambling, in particular the amount they gamble and the time they devote to gambling.
Customer Care Principles
At Buddybet, we want to be an industry leader in providing a safe environment for our users. We actively encourage and promote responsible gambling practices and provide tools to assist our users in maintaining control of their environment.
Our Position on Responsible Gambling
We are committed to sharing responsibility with Governments, communities and individuals for helping users control their gambling and helping problem gamblers to identify their problem and seek assistance. Some of the ways that we do this are:
- Allowing our users to self-exclude (either temporarily or permanently) from utilising our services.
- Providing Responsible Gambling information and messages to our users.
- Training our staff about Responsible Gambling at induction and at least annually thereafter.
- Referring our users affected by problem gambling, to gambling-related support services.
Our commitment to Responsible Gambling aims to achieve the following outcomes:
- Minimising the extent of gambling related harm to individuals and the broader community.
- Enabling users to make informed decisions about their gambling practices.
- Enabling people adversely affected by gambling to have access to timely and appropriate assistance and information.
- Promoting a shared understanding between individuals, communities, the gambling industry and Governments of responsible gambling practices.
- Advocating for the gambling industry to provide safe and supportive environments for the delivery of gambling products and services.
As a responsible operator, we are committed to protecting minors by actively taking steps to exclude minors from accessing our platform. Our services are designed to appeal to and be used by persons who aged at least 21 years old.
Filtering options can be enabled to help prevent persons from entering online sports betting software and websites. If minors have access to the devise that you use to access our platform, we encourage you to use filtering software to prevent access to our betting platforms by minors. The comprehensive list of filtering options available for download can be accessed through these sites:
Gamblers Help Online has created an easy-to-use Self-Assessment Tool to assess how gambling may be impacting your life and what steps you can take to make informed decisions about your gambling.
Buddybet customers can keep track of their betting activity via their betting history which is made available in the My Bets and My Account section of the app.
Where to Get Help?
If you feel you have, or may be developing, a problem with your gambling, we encourage you to speak to our staff or contact the National Gambling Helpline on 1777 24 hours a day 7 days a week on or visit: https://www.rgf.org.mt/
If you feel you are no longer able to control your gambling or gamble safely, or just need to take a break, we offer you the option to self-exclude from using our platform.
Self-Exclusion means to stop using our platform for a set time. Self-exclusion can be temporary or permanent.
You can self-exclude with us by:
- contacting us via phone or email; or
- accessing “Responsible Gambling” from within the “My Account” section on our app.
Buddybet also offers our customers the opportunity to de-activate or close their account via our app.
This statement will be reviewed from time to time and any updates will be communicated to all users.