Last Updated: 2 September 2022
This cookies policy (“Cookies Policy”) generally explains what cookies are, how Buddybet use them and what choices you have. You should read this Cookies Policy to understand what type of cookies Buddybet uses, or the information Buddybet collects using cookies and how that information is used.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, often including a unique identifier, that is sent by a web server to your web browser and stored on your hard drive to identify and interact more effectively with your computer, phone or other device.
Other similar files such as clear GIFs, web beacons and pixel tags work in the same way and we use the word ‘cookie’ in this Cookies Policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
There are two (2) types of cookies that may be used on our Platforms:
- a persistent cookie; and
- session cookie.
A persistent cookie is entered by your web browser into the “Cookies” folder on your device and remains in that folder after you close your browser, and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Platforms.
A session cookie is held temporarily in your device’s memory and disappears after you close your browser or turn off your device.
- Session Management – cookies are essential to enable use of our Platforms, they manage session information and enable you to navigate through the Platforms.
- Fraud Prevention – cookies store information which helps us stop fraudulent use of the Platforms.
- Functionality – cookies store information which enables us to remember your preferences. They are also used to improve your experience.
- Tracking – cookies enable us to store information about how customers arrived on the Platforms.
- Analysis – cookies allow us to recognise and count customers of our products and to see how customers move around our Platforms. This helps us to improve the way our products work for you, by ensuring that you can find what you are looking for easily and to deliver adverts and information which are more relevant to you and your interests and to monitor the effectiveness of such adverts and information.
In some cases, third parties may place cookies through our Platforms. For example:
How you can manage cookies
You can configure your internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your internet browser’s instructions to learn more about these functions. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. The ‘Help’ function within your browser should tell you how to restrict or block cookies.
For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google.
For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft.
For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla.
For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please note that, as the allaboutcookies.org website is not owned or operated by us, we are not responsible for any of the content contained therein.
Please be aware, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this site.
How to contact us about cookies
If you have any questions about this Cookies Policy, you can ask us by reaching out to our Data Protection Officer in the following ways:
By Mail – Suite 5, Brett Dixon House, Buntine Drive, Fannie Bay NT 0820, Australia
By Phone – 1800 577 291
By Email – email@example.com
Changes to this Cookies Policy
From time to time, it may be necessary for us to revise this Cookies Policy. Any changes will be in accordance with any applicable requirements applicable to Buddybet. We may notify you about changes to this Cookies Policy by posting an updated version on our Platform, or if changes are material in nature or will affect how we use your personal data, we will notify you by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect.